Monday, May 26, 2008

Alarm system

Just picked up this alarm system locally for $100. It does everything I need; starter disable, shock sensor, visual and audible confirmation, and it comes with 2 keyless remote fobs. I added 2 options to it:
1-door lock actuators ($40) so that the car will have keyless entry not so much for convenience, but so that I will know that the alarm is being set every time my daughters lock the doors with the fob!
2-infrared proximity sensor ($45). Being a convertible, this will make the alarm sound a warning chirp if someone gets too close or tries to stick their arm inside with the top down. If they linger too long, then they get the full blast.

I also have a Bluetooth handsfree kit that I will be adding later. With all that, "red" is moving from the '80s and into the 21st century.

No comments: