Friday, May 30, 2008

Suspension and brakes

The front struts are in and the brakes are now installed. The rotors got a little rusty sitting around for the last couple of months, but after a few brake applications, they should be good. Mechanically things are progressing quite well. The electrical harness still looks like a dogs breakfast and would cause Frank to pull out his hair if he had any! The center of the radiator support has been painted black so that it doesn't "shine" through the grill later on. While I was there, I grabbed the emblems off the parts pile so I can refurbish them. The "Volkswagen" , "Golf Gli" and "Karmann" badges are no longer being produced so you really need to try and restore them. On VW enthusiast site www.vwvortex.com, I found a number of suggestions on how to go about restoring the metallic finish to these badges. I'll probably try the silver paint pen technique first.

No comments: