Thursday, June 5, 2008

Trying it on for size


Stefanie called me at lunch and asked if we could go visit her car. No problem since I had to drop off the extra door actuator for the trunk and it got me away from some of the dreary online review work I've been doing this week. I think her smile says it all; a very happy young lady who can't wait to get her car back on the road.

Frank and I discussed how to wire the front Hella foglamps and the rear single fog as well as the auxiliary driving lights in the grill. "White" had 3 separate switches controlling all the lights which was a bit ridiculous. What I decided is that the grill lights should be wired as extra high beams since this is the only way I ever used them previously so they won't require a switch. The Hella's will use the 2 position vw foglight switch; first position for the rear only, second position for both front and rear on.
I played around with the shifter and I must say that it feels great with the shorter throw."Red" is going to be an awesome car!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember to paint the lower rocker reinforcement black...